Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Langebaan Lovin'


This weekend, a handful of us Ad-Libbers (plus Sam) visited Liz’s beach house in Langebaan for the weekend! It was the most perfect weekend ever. When you throw a bunch of weirdos like us into a house for 48 hours, we’re bound to keep ourselves entertained. Honestly, we did nothing terribly special, we just sat around goofing off the whole time and it was AWESOME. A good bit of time was spent trying to teach the South Africans how to improve their American accent and vice versa. None of our efforts were very successful. Saturday night we made a potjie, which is a traditional South African dish, and had another fines night. And of course, the weekend just wouldn’t be complete unless we played a few improv games.
The weekend was one of the best weekends I’ve had since I’ve been in South Africa. Spending lots of time with my favorite people in this country was so special and I honestly wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. Words cannot describe how much I am going to miss these people. I’ve blogged about it before and I’ll blog about it again: I have literally found the most amazing group of people to be friends with at this university and in this country. I know that I have not simply found people that I can say I befriended for a semester, but I have found people that I will be friends with for the rest of my life. Thanks to y’all I will now constantly be in debt because of all the plane tickets I’ll be buying to come visit you! But, hey, be sure to head on over to my side of the world at some point so we can work on that accent J

- G 

No comments:

Post a Comment